Klaviyo - The best e-commerce email marketing tool on Shopify
If you haven't started promoting your products via email yet, you're just wasting money. The average expected return on investment in email marketing is up to 985 CZK for every 25 CZK you put into it. So what are you waiting for?
What is Klaviyo ?
— Klaviyo Team
We help online brands leverage their most valuable and profitable asset - their customer data. We give you access to all orders, clicks, likes, reviews, products viewed and more, so you can use this data to send personalized and relevant messages based on what your customers like, when they shop and how they shop.
As you can see, Klaviyo is all about using data to better connect entrepreneurs and businesses with their audiences. Especially through the channels where they spend most of their time: email and SMS. For now, we'll focus on the email side of this tool.
Why use Klaviyo ?
- Powerful segmentation
- Unified profiles
- Preconfigured integrations
- Preconfigured and custom reports
- Personalized benchmarks
- Automated A/B testing
- A seamless omnichannel experience
- Email and SMS automation
- Onsite pop-ups/forms
Shopify ❤️ Klaviyo
It is no accident that we have chosen Klaviyo as the best email marketing tool for our clients. Shopify understands this so well that they even invested $100 million in it.
- Klaviyo CEO Andrew Bialecki
We've been working with Shopify for several years and this is a great next step. I've spoken with their product team and boss many times - they are big supporters of our mission of enabling creators and have a lot of respect for the products we build and our customer-centric and product-led culture. Shopify and their great team has been key to our growth, and we're excited to help us serve more customers faster.
Even before Shopify became a shareholder, Klaviyo was proud to be originally built in the Shopify ecosystem for Shopify merchants, just like you. It is true that today Klaviyo is available on all major e-commerce platforms, but their perfect integration with Shopify in particular allows entrepreneurs to use all their customer data to generate additional income and increase brand loyalty.
How to begin?
Getting started with Klaviyo is easy and can be done in a few simple steps:
Register an account on Klaviyo: To get started with Klaviyo, you will need to register an account on the Klaviyo website. During the registration process, you will be asked to provide basic information such as your business name, email address and phone number. You will also need to choose the plan that best suits your needs.
Connect your store: After registering your account, you will need to connect your e-commerce store to Klaviyo. To do this, you need to follow the instructions given in the Klaviyo documentation. Depending on your store platform, you may need to install the Klaviyo integration plugin or manually connect your store using the Klaviyo API.
Import your data: After connecting a store, Klaviyo automatically imports customer data and purchase history. This allows you to create targeted and personalized email campaigns based on customer behavior.
Set up email campaigns: Once the store is connected and the data is imported, you can start creating email campaigns. To do this, you'll need to use Klaviyo's campaign builder, which allows you to design and customize your emails using a range of templates and design tools. You can also use Klaviyo tools to set up automated campaigns based on customer actions, such as abandoning a cart or making a purchase.
Flows: one of our favorite features
Klaviyo Flows are automated email campaigns that are triggered by specific customer actions or actions. These campaigns allow e-shops to send targeted and personalized emails based on customer behavior, which helps them develop opportunities and retain customers effectively.
There are several different types of Klaviyo Flows, including:
- Abandoned Cart Flows : These Flows are triggered when a customer adds items to their cart but does not complete the purchase. E-shops can use Abandoned Cart Flows to send targeted emails to these customers and encourage them to complete their purchase. 🛒
- Welcome Flows : Welcome flows are triggered when a customer signs up for e-shop emails or makes their first purchase. E-shops can use Welcome Flows to introduce themselves to new customers and provide them with valuable information about their products or services. 🙋♂️🙋♀️
- Lost Customer Recovery Flows : Lost Customer Recovery Flows are triggered when a customer has not made a purchase after a certain period of time. E-shops can use these Flows to reconnect with inactive customers and encourage them to make a purchase. 🧐
- Upsell Flows: Upsell Flows are triggered when a customer makes a purchase. E-shops can use these Flows to recommend related or complementary products to customers and encourage them to make further purchases. 🛒💰
Using Klaviyo Flows can have a huge impact on store revenue by allowing e-shops to create targeted and personalized email campaigns based on customer behavior. These campaigns can help e-shops develop opportunities, retain customers and encourage further purchases, all of which can contribute to increased revenue.
Here are some recommendations to get started with email marketing automation that can help businesses increase their email marketing efforts and generate engagement, sales and revenue automatically:
- Collect emails: Use pop-ups, sign-up forms on your blog and other methods to grow your email database. Make sure you deliver on any promised offers and set up automated flows to ensure potential customers don't get frustrated or lose trust in your brand.
- Welcome newcomers: Use a series of branded emails to introduce your business to potential customers and communicate your values and story. Be available for questions and avoid selling too soon. Consider providing a code with a limited validity period on the last email in the series.
- Remind abandoned carts: Send two emails to customers who have abandoned their cart and remind them of the items they were interested in. Consider creating a custom design for each product or providing a limited-time code.
- Complement their experience with cross-selling: Use data from past purchases to recommend related or complementary products to customers. This can help increase the average order value and encourage repeat purchases.
- Engage inactive subscribers: Use automated Flows to renew inactive subscribers and encourage purchase. Consider providing a discount code or highlighting new products or special offers.